Authorities in Massachusetts are crediting a homeowner’s decision to install a home monitoring service for the fact that a residence was not destroyed by an accidental fire.

The incident was captured on video, including the moment a pet dog apparently tried to retrieve a leftover pancake from the gas stove and ignited a burner.

“Within minutes you will see the item on stove begin to ignite,” the Southwick Fire Department wrote in a Facebook post. “In this case, the homeowner was connected to a monitored alarm system calling responders saving severe damage.”

Click here to sign up for our brand new email news brief, Worth Your Attention!

Advertisements